Ten Outstanding Young Persons
Highlighting the accomplishments of these young active citizens in a variety of fields inspires us to be better and realize our full potential as active citizens.
From entrepreneur experts to humanitarian heroes we look for the outstanding young leaders who are making a true difference and inspiring others across the country.
View More Programs
JCI TOYP serves to formally recognise young people who excel in their chosen fields and create positive change. By recognising these young people, JCI raises the status of socially responsible leaders in this world. The honorees motivate their peers to seek excellence and serve others. Their stories of discovery, determination and ingenuity inspire young people to be better leaders and create better societies.
- Business, economic, and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal, and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
We hope this year we can get another one of our young leaders to India to represent us at the JCI World Congress in Goa.
Young men and women from around Ireland will be nominated in one of ten categories. Local award ceremonies will be held in March and April and the winners will go forward to the National final which took place on 12th May in Mayo.
Supported By: AIB
Ireland has been lucky enough to have had six Outstanding Young People represent us on the World Stage:
- 2017 Harry McCann (Business, Economic and/or Entrepreneurial Accomplishments)
- 2016 Ciara Judge (Scientific and/or Technological Development)
- 2015 Joanne O'Riordan (Contribution to Children, World Peace and/or Human Rights)
- 2012 Aisling Neary (Humanitarian and/or Voluntary leadership)
- 2010 Melanie Hennessy (Humanitarian and/or Voluntary leadership)
- 2007 Dr. Derek O’Keeffe (Scientific and/or Technological Development)